Every September, Second Harvest Food Bank calls upon supporters to lend their voices to spread the word about and encourage our community to get involved and help fight hunger in Central Florida by taking action for Hunger Action Month.
This past Hunger Action Month, you did not disappoint! Anti-hunger advocates engaged with activities all month long to help close the meal gap and ensure that Central Florida neighbors have a better and brighter tomorrow.
- September 23rd marked Hunger Action Day, and the City of Orlando and Orlando Eye all lit up orange to represent the color of hunger.
- All six counties in our hunger relief network: Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole, and Volusia, united with proclamations declaring September 2022 as Hunger Action Month.
- Incredible community partners such as Black Rooster Taqueria, Kendra Scott, White Castle, and more hosted events to generate funds to help our neighbors facing hunger.
Thank you, Hunger Heroes, for using your power, voice, actions, and commitment to help ensure no one has to make an impossible choice between food and other necessities like medicine, utilities, or childcare. You all came together to provide meals so that children, families, and seniors in our community don’t have to worry about where their next meal will come from. Thank YOU for caring.
The action doesn’t need to stop just because Hunger Action Month is over! Are you looking for ways to get involved? Here are some ways you can help:
- Donate: Every dollar donated helps to provide four meals for Central Florida neighbors facing hunger.
- Volunteer: Volunteer opportunities offer fun and unique ways for individuals and groups to contribute their time, talents, and resources to help fight hunger in tangible, hands-on ways.
- Start a Virtual Food Drive: Start a virtual food drive today and encourage your friends, family, and co-workers to help provide meals for families this holiday season.
- Take a Tour: Go inside an active warehouse and distribution facility to learn more about elevated hunger relief efforts in Central Florida.
- Stay Connected: Use the hashtag #feedhopenow on social media to learn more about fighting hunger and to encourage others to get involved.
Thank you for caring. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for taking action in the fight against hunger.
Positive change begins by taking action.
Which action will you take to fight hunger this month?