Every September, Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida and Food Banks across the nation participate in Hunger Action Month. During this time we ask our communities to lend their voice and spread the word about hunger.
Will you lend us your voice this September for Hunger Action Month?
30 Ways in 30 Days
Use our online “30 Ways in 30 Days” calendar to find activities that can be done each day in September to help fight hunger here in Central Florida. Some actions are small like sharing a statistic about hunger in Central Florida via Facebook while some are larger like attending one of the special events that month.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida and food banks across the country in the Feeding America Network are using spoons to spread awareness of the 1 in 6 Americans who struggle with hunger. We challenge you all to spread awareness by taking an orange spoon selfie!
It’s easy to share a ‘spoon selfie’ and support Hunger Action Month:
•Grab a spoon
•Do your best to balance it on your nose
•Take a picture of your ‘spoon selfie’
•”I’m taking a spoon selfie to raise awareness for the 1 in 6 Americans struggling with hunger. I challenge (name) to join me! #Spoontember #HungerActionMonth @FeedHopeNow”
or “Join me and take a #Spoontember selfie to raise awareness for the 1 in 6 facing hunger! #HungerActionMonth @FeedHopeNow”
Use #Spoontember and #HungerActionMonth to fuel the movement
Let’s work together to create hunger awareness through Hunger Action Month this September!
Hunger Action Month Highlights!
- GO Orange on Thursday, September 3! The Amway Center, Fountain at Lake Eola, and the Orlando City Council Building will all be lit orange on September 3. You too can raise awareness of hunger! Wear the color orange on September 3.
- Hawkers Fights Hunger! Every Tuesday in September from 4-6pm, Hawkers Asian Street Fare is donating 10% of sales to Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Tackle Hunger with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers! The Tampa Bay Bucs are offering special stadium seating in a few sections for the Carolina Panthers game on October 4, 2015. $10 from every ticket purchased will go to SHFB to help our neighbors in need.
- Attend the HAM Concert for a Cause! Join the Mellow Relics at Paddy’s Winter Park from 9p – 1a to raise funds and help our neighbors in need!
- Enter to Win a 2016 Harley Davidson Street Glide! Proceeds from the raffle benefit Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
Take Action Online!
- GO ORANGE FOR HUNGER: Change your Facebook and Twitter profile photos orange on September 3, 2015 and keep it orange for the month of September!
- DONATE your status and share local hunger statistics on Facebook and Twitter
- LIKE Second Harvest Food Bank on Facebook
- SHARE this page with your friends and family
Social Media Posts
I’m wearing Orange on 9/3 to support #hungeraction day: http://ow.ly/ogKmI #feedhopenow
1 in 5 kids in the U.S. struggle with hunger. Help raise awareness about hunger for #HungerAction Month: http://ow.ly/ogKmI
Together We Can Solve Hunger! Get involved in the fight against hunger during #HungerAction Month. http://ow.ly/ogKmI
Over 46.5 million people struggle with hunger in America. This September help us raise awareness of hunger in America. Together We Can Solve Hunger! Learn about all of the ways you can participate: http://ow.ly/ogKmI
I’m wearing Orange on September 3 and supporting #hungeraction day! Please help us raise awareness about the 46.5 million Americans who struggle with hunger. http://ow.ly/ogKmI
Hunger Action Month is here! Help us spread the word about the 46.5 million Americans who struggle with hunger. Get involved here: http://ow.ly/ogKmI