What an incredible Saturday afternoon! Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida’s 8th Annual Wine Women and Shoes Orlando presented by Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies raised over $381,000! That’s more than 1.5 million meals that will go towards fighting hunger and feeding hope for kids, families and seniors right here in Central Florida! Sip, sip, hooray!
The Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel was buzzing with excitement on Saturday, April 30th with over 450 of our fellow hunger heroes! Guests enjoyed tasty bites courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton Catering paired with tastings from 9 wine vintners, and shopped till they dropped amongst the amazing Marketplace full of jewelry, handbags, shoes, and accessories galore! Not to mention fabulous entertainment by the SHFB band, The Spoons, who played alongside the most handsome of Sole Men as they tended to our ladies and provided a helping hand when needed.
We truly believe that this event would be nothing without the support of our generous guests, Sponsors, planning committee, Sole Men, vendors, and volunteers so THANK YOU to each and every one of you. Your support makes all the difference. Because of every ticket purchased, auction item bid on, and every great treasure purchased in the Marketplace, so many children, seniors, and families in Central Florida will not have to wonder where their next meal will come from.
We’d also like to give a very special Thank You to Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies, for returning for the fourth year as our Presenting Sponsor! It was great to have you back.
For those of you that were not able to make it, I’ll highlight a few parts of this great event!
- Guest not only received relaxing massages but also champagne chilled through a beautiful high heel ice sculpture, both courtesy of Winnie Palmer Hospital!
- Jason Guy and Michelle Imperato from WESH Channel 2 joined us to host their very first Wine Women and Shoes Orlando
- 11 incredible vendors – Kendra Scott, Violet Clover, Paper Goat Post, LOVEthirteen, Winter Park Candle, Bibby’s Boutique, An Unlikely Pear, Gina Cueto Jewelry, Rock Gorgeous Hair and Prairie Farm Organics
- A dazzling fashion show courtesy of the incredible Inna Rudenko
- Roger Farwell crowned as the reigning King of Sole raising almost $2,500! Congratulations, Roger!
- Canstruction Orlando created a wine glass entirely made out of cans!
- Guests were brought to tears by Tammi Madison as she shared her story of overcoming all hurdles and operating the St. Cloud Community Pantry. To hear her story, click here.
- We exceeded all expectations during this year’s Bid From the Heart, raising over $100,000 in less than 5 minutes!
- Strings, Etc. entertained guests with their eccentric twist on modern tunes, adding a next level energy to the event
- Orange Appeal joined us once again to name the most marvelous stilettos, wedges, and Best in Shoe winners
- This year’s closet was valued over $11,000! Special thanks to Amy Pennock for sponsoring, and congratulations to the lucky lady that walked away with all that loot!
- Nestle Water treated guests to Perrier Sparkling Water
What an incredible day – all of which was only possible thanks to our amazing Co-Chairs: Ava Mikal and Amy More, along with our phenomenal Wine Women and Shoes Committee. Thanks to their tireless dedication and efforts, the 8th annual Wine Women and Shoes Orlando was the best one yet!
Once again, thank you to all of our guests that came out to support Second Harvest Food Bank’s 8th Annual Wine Women and Shoes Orlando presented by Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies. We are so grateful to be a part of a community that is so committed to helping end hunger. Not all heroes wear capes, some wear fabulous shoes.
See you next year!
Check out more photos from the event at the Wine Women & Shoes Orlando Facebook page.