Whether you shared a hunger fact on Facebook or attended one of our events we want to thank you for lending your voice to help bring to light those who are hungry right here in Central Florida.
A few highlights from Hunger Action Month this year:
- Hunger Action Month got a great start for us with the lighting of the Lake Eola Fountain “Orange” in honor of Hunger Action Month. The fountain was lit up from September 1st-6th.
- The City of Orlando proclaimed September as Hunger Action Month!
- Staff members at Second Harvest Food Bank showed their support on September 6th by “Going Orange” for Wear Orange Day.
- The Young Executives hosted Second Harvest as their charity partner for their Cocktails for a Cause event at the Citrus Club downtown.
- Local chefs participated in our SNAP (food stamp) challenge and used only $6.67 to purchase all their meals for the day. You can read about their experiences here >>
- Orlando Harley-Davidson held a Casino Night event to raise funds for Second Harvest. Guests played poker and ate BBQ to help make the event a success.
- Bonefish Grill held their Grand Opening charity night fundraiser where 120 guests sampled all the appetizers and entrees from their menu. 100% of ticket sales benefited Second Harvest and the guests enjoyed a great tasting of everything Bonefish Grill had to offer. This event raised over $5,500!
During Hunger Action Month our goal is to spread the word about hunger here in Central Florida and engage our community to take action. With the help of our supporters and community partners Hunger Action Month was a success.