At Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, we believe compassion is always in fashion, and was that ever the case at the 7th Annual Wine Women and Shoes Orlando! On Saturday, April 22nd 2017 over 400 friends of the food bank joined together at The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes to sip wine, shop, and show off fabulous shoes – all for the greater cause of supporting our neighbors in need!
A very special “Thank You” to Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies for joining us again for the 3rd year in a row as Wine Women and Shoes Orlando’s Presenting Partner! With the help of Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies, all of our generous Sponsors, the WW&S Orlando Chair and Committee, Marketplace vendors, Sole Men, and fabulous guests, over $290,000 was raised! That’s over 1 million meals that are able to be provided to the 1 in 6 Central Floridians that are in need of food assistance. So incredible!!
In case you weren’t able to attend, below are some of our favorite highlights from the event!
* Chad Pitt from AMP 101.9 returned for the second year in a row as our host with the most and boy, did the ladies love him! Thanks for joining us again, Chad!
* Diana Simaan wowed the audience and left us wanting more with the debut of her stunning Spring collection.
* Strings, Etc. Fretless Rock shined once again with their fabulous shoes and euphonious sounds that filled The Ritz-Carlton Orlando. Even more fabulous? Strings, Etc. – Fretless Rock donated their time and talent to Wine Women and Shoes! Michelle and the crew of Strings, Etc – thank you!
* Orange Appeal joined us once again to name the most marvelous stilettos, wedges, and Best in Shoe!
*Former Second Harvest Food Bank Culinary Training Program student Kenneth Neal shared his story and the impact of all of your help on his life during our program. To hear his story, click here.
* It was a close competition for the title of King of Sole, and our Sole Men rallied together to raise over $8,000 to go towards the cause! Our King of Sole winner Jones Levenson raised over $2,000 alone! Way to go, guys!
* The Marketplace was abuzz and our vendors provided a little something for everyone, whether it was purses, candles, handbags, shoes, make-up, sandals – you name it, they had it! Wasn’t a bad time to shop, either, with 20% of proceeds going back to Second Harvest!
* Darden Restaurant’s Eddie V’s provided one of the most delicious Specialty Cocktails any of our VIPs had ever tasted – if you haven’t had one, go try the 24 Karat cocktail ASAP!
* Our sold-out Wine Pull looked straight out of Napa and Sonoma Valley thanks to Palmers Nursery’s Ivy donation. It truly couldn’t be a more beautiful display!
* This year’s Closet was valued over $11,000!! Unbelievable, and one lucky winner – Roula Aoun – received that magical key and got to walk away with ALL of that loot. We’re all so jealous!
* The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes really outdid themselves with delicious hors d’oeuvres, scrumptious pasta, ceviche and charcuterie stations, decadent desserts and outstanding service.
* Orlando Production provided an impressive presentation of sight and sound, pulling our whole show together
Of course, none of this could be done without our Hunger Heroes in Heels! Special thanks to our amazing committee that was led by our fearless leader and third-time Chair, Amy Pennock. Thank you for all of the tireless efforts you put into making the 7th Annual Wine Women and Shoes a success!
Thank you to each and every one of you that purchased a ticket, bid on an auction item, donated to the cause, and came out to have a great time. Because of you, more children, families, and seniors will have the security of knowing where their next meal will come from.
Here’s to you, Sip, Sip, Hooray!