Taste of the nation is almost here!
We have 34 restaurants participating in Central Florida’s favorite foodie event this year. I bet some of your favorite Central Florida dining spots are on this list .
Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation event is put together by a volunteer committee group. I attend the meetings as a representative of Second Harvest Food Bank. Both beneficiaries, Coalition for the Homeless and Second Harvest Food Bank help out with the planning of the event. If you are attending, make sure to stop by our tables.
To enable you to fully enjoy the endless supply of wine, beer and delicious cocktails, Orlando World Center Marriott is generously offering Taste of the Nation guests a discounted rate for rooms on the night of June 5th! Click here to take advantage of this fabulous deal. The code will show up automatically on the page.
Everyone has worked so hard these past few months bringing this event together. I can’t give away everything that we have planned … but I can give you a sneak peak of what to expect.
Here is a small food preview:
– Chef-carved Rosemary and Dijon Crusted Roasted Pork Loin Served with a Wild Mushroom
and Sun-Dried Tomato Pearl Barley Risotto
– Chef Jean-Louis’ Bananas Foster
– Greek Tuna Tataki in Lettuce Gyros with Sumac, Onions and Avocado Tzatziki
– Roasted Beet Brownies with Gorgonzola, Spicy Cashews & Vanilla Honey
We also have some very unique auction items this year. Don’t forget to make your way around the silent auction. You never know what you will find!
– New York Yankees 27 World Championships ticket replicas
– Tickets to the Rachael Ray taping in New York plus plane ticket
– A trip Chicago: flight, hotel, and dining included
– Chefs tables from Taste of the Nation participating Restaurants
– Many more!
100% of ticket sales help ensure no kid in America grows up hungry.
Hope to see you at Taste of the Nation Orlando! If you want to find me … look for the person twittering, facebooking and taking photos.
Online Services and Communications Manager
Don’t forget to check-in. I will be leaving tips throughout the night!