Representative Daniel Webster from the U.S. Congress spent time with us today. He has a sincere interest in keeping up to date on how Second Harvest is doing. We were able to give him a progress report on a number of areas:
– The past year we provided enough food for 44 million meals in central Florida
– Graduated our tenth class of culinary students and have a 100% job placement rate
– 96,000 volunteer hours were spent in the past year
– We’re in the midst of our $3 million capital campaign and are seeking community support.
– Our efforts in getting food out to rural and outlying areas
We appreciate the time and interest taken by Congressman Webster. It shows that he is genuinely interested in the community he serves.