Sip, Sip, Hooray! Why are we celebrating, you ask? Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida’s 6th Annual Wine Women and Shoes Orlando presented by Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies raised over $235,000! That’s more than 940,000 meals that will help fight hunger and feed hope for our neighbors in need!
The Tuscany ballroom and foyer at The Ritz-Carlton, Orlando Grande Lakes were abuzz on Saturday, April 30th as guests enjoyed mouth-watering food courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton, Orlando Grande Lakes Catering, were delighted with tastings from 8 wine vintners, and shopped til they dropped (or were moved inside for the seated program) in the amazing Marketplace full of jewelry, hand bags, shoes, and accessories galore. Of course, we can’t forget the incredible Sole Men, always tending to our ladies and lending a helping hand when needed.
This sip-sational event would not be possible without our generous guests, Sponsors, Sole Men, vendors, and volunteers – Thank YOU to each and every one of you. Because of every ticket purchased, auction item bid on, and every great treasure purchased in the Marketplace, so many children, seniors, and families in Central Florida will not have to wonder where their next meal will come from.
We’d also like to give a very special Thank You to Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies, for returning for the second year as our Presenting Sponsor! It was great to have you back.
For those of you that were not able to make it, I’ll highlight a few parts of this great event!
- Chateau St. Jean Bijou, Ferrari, Justin, Landmark Vineyards, Boisset Collection, 25th Anniversary Conundrum, Emmolo, and VIAONEHOPE pleased our palates with delicious wine and champagne tastings.
- 11 vendors – Bloomingdale’s, John Hardy, LoveThirteen, Ty Park Candles, Gina Cueto, Carmen Steffens, Walk on Water, Bibby’s Jewelry and Accessories, Tresca Italia, Sophie & Trey, and Primrose Shops – made it incredibly hard for guests to walk through the marketplace without picking up a new item for their jewelry box or closet – with 20% of proceeds going back to SHFB.
- Chad Pitt from AMP 101.9 joined us to host his first Wine Women and Shoes Orlando, and entertained guests alongside special WWS reporter Myrt Price from WFTV.
- Jaws dropped as Diana Simaan premiered her stunning new line in the fashion show.
- The 2nd annual King of Sole competition raised $9,125! Chris Sileo took home the King of Sole title and crown, having raised $1,846 alone! Congratulations, Chris!
- Strings, Etc. entertained guests with their eccentric twist on modern tunes, adding a new and fun energy to the event.
- Canstruction Orlando created a High-Heel Shoe entirely made out of cans!
- Guests were treated with sweets and a Perrier Sparkling Water Party post – event, thanks to Nestle Water!
- Carmen Gibson inspired and moved us by sharing her story, and how going through the Culinary Training Program at Second Harvest changed her life for the better.
What an incredible day – all of which was only possible thanks to our amazing Co-Chairs: Amy Pennock and Jennifer Small, along with our phenomenal Wine Women and Shoes Committee. Thanks to their tireless dedication and efforts, Wine Women and Shoes Orlando was a smashing success! SHFB is so very lucky to have such wonderful volunteers that are so committed to fighting to end hunger.
We also want to big a shout out to Carmen Gibson for being this year’s testimonial speaker. You inspire each and every one of us by how far you have come in your journey, and wish you many successes as you continue to move forward. Thank you!
Once again, thank you to all of our guests that came out to support Second Harvest Food Bank’s 6th Annual Wine Women and Shoes Orlando presented by Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies. You all looked fabulous while fighting hunger in Central Florida. We hope that you all had a wonderful time, and can’t wait to see you next year!