What could be better than an event that entirely centers around Wine, Women and Shoes? How about the fact that Second Harvest Food Bank’s 5th Annual Wine Women and Shoes presented by Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies raised $165,000 for our neighbors in need? This translates into $1,485,000 worth of grocery product that will go directly to those who need it most.
The event was beautifully set at SeaWorld’s Ports of Call, which included a delightfully decorated ball room, a luscious tropical patio where guests could mingle with some furry friends like Milah the sloth, and what I think we can all agree on as the best part – the incredibly delicious food provided by SeaWorld’s Catering! Thank you SeaWorld Parks and Resorts for having us back for another year, as well as for your amazing support and generosity!
Thank you, also, to all of our wonderful sponsors, including first year Presenting Sponsor Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies! We’d also like to thank all of the guests for each and every ticket purchased, auction item that was bid on, and of course every great treasure that was purchased that day. Every person helped feed families right here in Central Florida.
For those of you that were not able to make it, I’ll highlight a few parts of this great event!
- Six delicious wines were poured, including: Boisset, LVP Sangria, One Hope, New Age, Justin/Landmark, and Quintessential. Yum!
- It was hard to resist buying everything in the Marketplace, with such amazing vendors including Bibby’s, Carmen Steffens, Diane E. Kelly, Gina Cueto, Ladybug Loft, Sophie & Trey, Walk on Water, and Winter Park Candle. There was even a signature 2015 Wine Women and Shoes candle scent that guests could purchase!
- CJ Robinson from Mix 105.1 joined us to host his first Wine Women & Shoes, and he did such an incredible job!
- Diana Simaan was back again this year with an absolutely amazing fashion show. Her models showed off a sneak peak of Jet Set Her by Diana Simaan, an absolutely beautiful line.
- We announced our very first King of Sole! In this contest, our Shoe Guys raised an unbelievable $7,150! Congratulations to Brian Beyer for leading that fundraiser and for earning the title of King of Sole, bringing in $2,020 alone.
- In honor of the 5th year, every single guest received a goody bag that included a water bottle sponsored by Orlando Magic, a pair of flip flops to rest their feet in from Westgate Resorts, and a delicious cupcake from Sweet! By Good Golly Miss Holly.
- SeaWorld surprised each and every guest of Wine Women and Shoes with two General Admission Tickets to come back and enjoy the park! What an incredible surprise!
All of this would not be possible without our amazing Tri-Chairs: Cindy Fox, Kelly Gaines, and Amy Pennock, along with our absolutely phenomenal Wine Women and Shoes Committee. So many hours were put in to make this event a success, and they all did it with smiles on their faces. We are so lucky to have such amazing volunteers that are so committed to the fight to end hunger. Thank you to each and every one of you!
Once again, thank you to everyone that attended our 2015 Wine Women and Shoes presented by Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies. You certainly all looked incredibly fabulous while fighting hunger in Central Florida! I hope that everyone had a wonderful time at the event, and that we see you all there again next year!