Sip, sip, hooray! We did it! Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida’s 9th Annual Wine Women and Shoes Orlando presented by Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies raised $400,000! That’s more than 1.6 million meals that will go towards fighting hunger and feeding hope for kids, families and seniors right here in Central Florida! We couldn’t do it without you and all of our amazing community partners. We’d also like to give a very special Thank You to Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies, for returning for the 4th year as our Presenting Sponsor! It was great to have you back.
In case you missed out on all the fun, here are a few highlights:
- The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes Hotel was buzzing with excitement with over 400 philanthropic warriors wearing fabulous shoes! Guests enjoyed tasty bites courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton Catering paired with tastings from 9 wine vintners, and shopped till they dropped amongst the amazing Marketplace full of jewelry, handbags, shoes, and accessories galore! Shout out to Kendra Scott, Bay Hill Jewelry, An Unlikely Pear, The Pink Chalet, LoveThirteen, Paper Goat Post, Greenback, Violet Clover, Winter Park Candle, Barcemoda, Bloomingdales, Bibby’s Boutique, Frank. and Gina Cueto.
- Our handsome Sole Men were there to greet and tend to each of our guests throughout the entire day.
- Guests not only received relaxing foot massages but also chilled champagne through an interactive living hedge wall and high heel ice sculpture, both courtesy of Winnie Palmer Hospital and Southern Glazer!
- Susie Korgul from MIX 105.1 and Racquel Asa from WFTV joined us to host their very first Wine Women and Shoes Orlando and did a phenomenal job keeping our guests in the “know”.
- A dazzling fashion show courtesy of the incredible Inna Rudenko wowed guests, showcasing both male and female looks from her brand new line. We couldn’t do it without our awesome team behind the scenes, Rock Gorgeous Hair, Eva Styles Glamour Studios and Marin Makeup.
- Manny Alvarez was crowned as the reigning King of Sole, raising almost $2,500! Congratulations, Manny!
- Canstruction Orlando created a Wine, Women & Shoes sculpture made entirely out of cans! Their donation will provide thousands of nutritious meals for our families in need.
- Guests were brought to tears by Judie Kellogg as she shared her story of overcoming hardships of being able to provide for her family. To view her story, click here.
- Pink bid cards flew up in the air during this year’s Bid From the Heart, raising over $90,000 in less than 5 minutes! Huge thank you to Southern Glazers Wine & Spirits for providing champagne for our toast.
- Guests participated in our Silent Auction and raised over $22,000! Huge thank you to our community partners and donors for helping us build such an amazing variety of packages.
- Orange Appeal joined us once again to name the most marvelous stilettos, wedges, and Best in Shoe winners.
- This year’s Key to the Closet was valued over $9,500! Congratulations to the lucky lady that walked away with a lifetimes worth of purses, accessories and so much more!
- Nestle Water treated guests to refreshing Perrier Sparkling Water
- Love photo booths? We do, too! Special thanks to A Cut Above for donating their interactive photo booth, whose photos will make great keepsakes from this fabulous event.
What an incredible day – all of which was only possible thanks to our amazing Chair, Amy More along with our phenomenal Wine Women and Shoes Committee. Thanks to their tireless dedication and efforts, the 9th annual Wine Women and Shoes Orlando was the best one yet!
We truly believe that this event would not be possible without the support of our generous guests, sponsors, the planning committee, Sole Men, vendors, and volunteers so THANK YOU to each and every one of you. Your support makes all the difference. Because of every ticket purchased, auction item bid on, and every great treasure purchased in the Marketplace, so many children, seniors, and families in Central Florida will not have to wonder where their next meal will come from.
See you next year!