September is Hunger Action Month — 30 days when concerned hunger heroes like you come together to raise awareness and strengthen hunger relief efforts in your community and across the country.
This is your chance to lead the way in filling the meal gap in Central Florida with several opportunities to take action and make a real difference for the 1 in 6 Central Floridians who are food insecure.
30 Ways in 30 Days
Throughout September, Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida and the Feeding America network of food banks will ask people to consider how it must feel to live with an empty stomach.
You can use the “30 Ways in 30 Days” calendar to find different activities focused on the four ways to get involved: donate food, donate funds, give your time or lend your voice. Some actions are small, like sharing a hunger fact via social media, or wearing ORANGE on September 13 (Hunger Action Day) while others take more effort, like the Share A Meal Challenge.
Some highlights include:
- 1st Monday at Five Guys – September 3 – 10% of sales from 5 – 9 p.m. will be donated to Second Harvest!
- Taqueria Tuesday’s at Black Rooster Taqueria – 10% of sales will benefit Second Harvest every Tuesday!
- Attend Taste! Central Florida – Proceeds from this foodie event on September 8 benefit local childhood hunger programs
- Hunger Action Day – Go ORANGE on September 13
- National Farm Bill Call-In Day – Join hunger advocates on September 13 by encouraging members of Congress to support a Farm Bill that protects federal nutrition programs
- Do Good Date Night – September 28 – Enjoy a fun date night out with Orlando Date Night Guide’s Do Good Date Night while making a difference in our community!
- Share A Meal – Every dollar donated through Share A Meal Challenge will be matched dollar for dollar up to $5,000!
For more ways to take action, visit the Hunger Action Month calendar.