Second Harvest Food Bank recently completed a fiscal year and totaled our annual food distribution that occurs through our 500 partner agency programs. We set a 29 year record of providing 36 million pounds of food, enough for approximately 24 million meals. The numbers are staggering, it’s very hard to imagine that much food and realize there is still a gap.
What’s even more amazing to me is the giving spirit and incredible generosity of Central Florida. People like you. We can’t thank you enough:
- Over 10,000 volunteers providing 42,000 volunteer hours. We could not accomplish the mission without you. Volunteers give of themselves and never have the chance to meet or see the people being helped. Last year, you helped over 500,000 people, many of them children. Thank you.
- The food industry continues to be unbelievably supportive with over 800 companies and locations donating. Everyone from farmers, manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, restaurants, resorts, hotels, community food drives to USDA. Thank you.
- Financial donors bring it all together with their support. We have a critical mission but without funding, the full impact of our operation does not happen. We look at our donors as “investors” in the community. Your investment pays huge dividends when someone is receiving a meal they otherwise would miss. For every $1 donated gives us the power to distribute up to $9 worth of groceries… quite a Return On Investment. Thank you.
- For all of you spreading the word about the hunger issue and how to become part of the solution, thank you.
- Our 500 partner agencies throughout Central Florida are doing heroic work day in and day out; most of them under the radar. Their spirit and passion are unparalleled and inspire us every day. What an amazing group of human beings. Thank you.
When I viewed the video below, I immediately thought of all of you…one description came to mind…..Hunger’s Heroes. Thank you.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida