Thank you for making this September one of the best Hunger Action Month’s we have ever had. We’re proud to say that our community rallied around the idea that “Together We Can Solve Hunger”.
Whether you went orange on September 5th, posted pictures online of you and Kate, or shared the facts about hunger with friends we want to thank you for your participation. By spreading the word about hunger you spoke for the 732,000 people who struggle with hunger here in Central Florida.
We had over 300 pictures of Kate posted on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter throughout the month of September! Kate is now a local celebrity thanks to YOU!
We’d like to give a special thanks to our Hunger Action Month partners and share what they did:
- WESH 2 News’ anchors went orange on Go Orange Day and shared our “30 Ways in 30 Days” calendar online
- SeaWorld’s Executive Chef, Hector Colon headlined our second Guest Chef Dinner and wowed guests with flavorful and unique dishes
- The City of Orlando lit the Amway Center orange for Hunger Action month for 5 days at the beginning of the month and Mayor Buddy Dyer officially Proclaimed September Hunger Action Month in the City of Orlando
- Long & Scott Farms themed their annual Scott’s Maze Adventures corn maze after Second Harvest Food Bank and the issue of hunger here in Central Florida
- Avalon Elementary School had all their students and staff members wear orange on Go Orange Day, introduced all the students to our hunger hero Kate, and held a school wide food drive
- All the companies and individuals that volunteered during September
Thank you so much to all our partners and supporters for making this a Hunger Action Month to remember.
Make sure to stay tuned for all the events the food bank has coming up this fall! Thank you again for your support this September.