St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and there is an abundance of fresh cabbage in the warehouse. Since March is National Nutrition Month, Chef Terah Barrios hopes to inspire healthy, green eating this weekend with this cabbage-inspired recipe adapted from Primal Palate.
St. Paddy’s Salad
Prep: 10 Cook: 40 Difficulty: Easy
1 head of cabbage, shredded
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 granny smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. oil of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the shredded cabbage in a large baking dish.
- Top the cabbage with the sliced onion and apples.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Top with oil, place dish in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and stir to combine the veggies with the oil.
- Place the veggies back in the oven, bake for an additional 45-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes.