This spring, Walmart is joining forces with its customers and suppliers including Campbell Soup Company, General Mills, Kellogg Company, The Kraft Heinz Company, Pepsico and Discover to raise 100 million meals* for Feeding America® and its nationwide network of member food banks. There are four main ways for you to participate in the campaign:
1) Product Purchase: Each participating item purchased at Walmart or through Walmart.com will unlock a donation equivalent to one meal* secured by Feeding America® on behalf of local member food banks from each supplier. 1 item = 1 meal ($0.09) up to each supplier’s maximum donation. 100% of funds will benefit local member food banks.
2) Register Giving: customers can donate to their local Feeding America member food bank at the registers of Walmart stores. Donations of $1, $2, $5 or another amount will be accepted. There is no limit to what can be raised at the register! 100% of funds will be directed to local member food banks.
3) Digital Challenge: Sharing #FightHunger on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and using the campaign Snapchat filter will generate a donation of 10 meals* from Walmart. Walmart has made an initial donation of $1.5 million, which will be split nationally and locally. An additional $1.5M is being made available for the campaign period. The following actions generate a donation and will count towards drawing down the additional gift. 100% of incremental funds will benefit network members and funds will be divided evenly:
- Liking, sharing or clicking on Walmart’s Fight Hunger. Spark Change. campaign content on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Creating or sharing content on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #FightHunger
- Using the Fight Hunger. Spark Change. filter on Snapchat, available on April 21st
4) Discover Card: For each transaction using Discover at Walmart and on Walmart.com, an additional meal* will be donated by Discover. Funds will be shared between the national office and network food banks.
Additionally, online donations will be accepted via a special co-branded donation form hosted by Feeding America and accessed via Walmart.com/fighthunger. Funds designated to Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida will be directed to members based on the donor’s billing zip code.
*The monetary equivalent of meals will be donated. $1 helps provide 11 meals secured by Feeding America on behalf of member food banks. Campaign dates: April 17 – May 15, 2017. Visit Walmart.com/fighthunger for more information.