Big Lots announced today it is celebrating the grand opening of 13 newly remodeled stores throughout the Orlando area on Friday, July 26, 2019. These stores will reflect a new format, which is part of a broader initiative to reposition the brand as a community retailer offering trustworthy value and friendly service. As part of the celebration, Big Lots will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony at all 13 area stores at 8:30 a.m. on July 26. The first 50 shoppers entering each the store on July 26 and July 27 will receive a reusable shopping bag filled with tasty treats from Big Lots. In addition, the company will kick off a donation program benefiting Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, a charity that collects, stores and distributes donated food to more than 550 feeding partners in six Central Florida counties. Big Lots will donate five dollars to the local charitable organization each time a BIG Rewards loyalty member redeems a reward in Orlando area stores over the six-week period (July 26- September 7).
“We are excited to introduce our new store format to the Orlando Area,” stated Steve Haffer, senior vice president chief customer officer of Big Lots. “It brings to life our new brand traits and showcases our product assortments of affordable solutions in Furniture, Seasonal, Home, Food, and Consumables. We are also very proud to serve alongside the Orlando community with our support of Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.”
The store located at 11230 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL will be the epicenter of the Orlando Big Lots Market Celebration and host local dignitaries, representatives from Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida and other community guests at the ribbon cutting.
Grand opening celebrations will take place July 26 at the following locations:
- 11672 East Colonial Dr., Union Park, FL 32817
- 405 Plaza Dr., Eustis, FL 32726
- 250 North U.S. Highway 17-92, Longwood, FL 32750
- 775 South Orange Blossom Trail, Apopka, FL 32703
- 2544 East Colonial Dr., Orlando, FL 32803
- 1101 WP Ball Blvd., Sanford, FL 32771
- 1013 South Dillard St., Winter Garden, FL 34787
- 2412 South Volusia Ave., Orange City, FL 32763
- 1422 State Rd. 436, Casselberry, FL 32707
- 2311 West Vine St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
- 11230 South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837
- 751 Good Homes Rd., Orlando, FL 32818
- 3401 13th St., Saint Cloud, FL 34769
To learn more about Big Lots, send a reporter or set up an interview with a company representative, please contact Shannan Bunting, (312) 493-0479.