Stilettos, wedges, and sandals oh my! It looked like every woman that arrived on the red carpet was ready to compete for “Best in Shoe” at Second Harvest Food Bank’s Wine Women & Shoes event!
On April 12, 2014 over 400 ladies shopped, sipped fabulous wine, and supported our neighbors who struggle for food at this 4th annual event. SeaWorld invited us back to their Ports of Call event space which includes a beautiful room, scenic outside patio, and of course a few animal friends! Thank you SeaWorld Park & Resorts for your support and generosity!
Without further ado I’d like to announce that Wine Women & Shoes 2014 raised $131,688! With these much needed funds Second Harvest will be able to provide $1,185,192 worth in food value for people that need it most because of your generous contributions.
We’d like to thank you for each and every ticket purchased, auction item that was bid on, and of course every great treasure that was purchased that day. Every person helped feed families right here in Central Florida.
With three years under our belt we were ready to throw a great event and also add a few new pieces to spice it up a little. I’d love to share with you all a couple of my favorite parts from the event.
- For the first time ever Wine Women & Shoes featured a second raffle: the Darden Wine Pull! The best part of this raffle: everyone was a winner! One lucky winner brought home a 1.5L Cannonball Cabernet Sauvignon signed by the winemaker valued at $75!
- This year’s fashion show featured a very special local designer Diana Simaan! She previewed her latest collection on our runway and blew the crowd away with her stylish pieces. She even included a custom wedding gown! The models were stunning with hair done by Arbor Park Salon and make-up done by Studio Cara. What a show!
- Fashion didn’t end on the runway at this year’s event though! During the event two designers; Stone Edwards and VinaLee, gave our guests a sneak peek at their designs on free standing models.
- Key to the Closet was back again and as coveted as ever! One lucky winner brought home over $7,000 worth of handbags, jewelry, gift certificates and even a beautiful Sea-Foam cruiser bicycle!
- SeaWorld outdid themselves with the food (which was hard considering how delicious last year’s was) with the most amazing mac-in-cheese station! Guests could add toppings like truffle oil, pancetta, and veggies. I’ll be talking about that until next year!
This event couldn’t have been possible without the wonderful marketplace vendors that entertained our guests and fed their shopping appetites! Guests were able to browse amazing treasures from: Bibby’s Jewelry & Accessories, Diana E. Kelly, Gina Cueto Jewelry, Sophie & Trey, Walk on Water, Ladybug Loft, Studio Cara, Alma Handbags, and Carmen Steffens.
With wine in the name we can’t forget the delicious wine that draws women to Wine Women & Shoes! We had varieties from: Boisset Wine Living, Justin, Landmark, Cannonball, One Hope, Sequin, Handcraft, and New Age.
Wine Women & Shoes couldn’t have happened without our Chair Cindy Fox and the entire Wine Women & Shoes Committee. Thank you so much for every hour you put into Wine Women & Shoes and your commitment to fighting hunger. You are an amazing team! We were also very lucky to welcome back Jorge Estevez from WFTV as our emcee again this year! Thank you Jorge for keeping the ladies on the edge of their seat and filling the room with your excitement and fun.
I’d like to also thank all of our generous sponsors for their support. Every dollar donated will help provide food for one of the over 732,000 people in Central Florida that aren’t sure where their next meal is coming from.
Wine Women & Shoes 2014 was a great party for a wonderful cause: fighting hunger right here in Central Florida. Thank you for all of your support, we’ll see you next year!