This month the Second Harvest Culinary Training Program is celebrating 5 years of transforming lives. Since April 2013, the program has provided qualified, at-risk and economically disadvantaged adults with the culinary and life skills training needed to pursue a sustainable career in Central Florida’s dynamic food industry.
Here are 5 fast facts about the program:
- Since the program began in 2013, more than 230 graduates have entered the workforce
- The average pay rate for our graduates is $11.27 per hour
- 95% overall job placement rate
- 81% of graduates are between the ages of 24 and 63
- 30% of graduates are homeless
We’ll be highlighting past students on social media all month. Follow along with #chefstoriesofhope on Instagram to hear their stories.
Or, view stories from the Darden Foundation Community Kitchen here.
And, to learn more about, or apply for the program, visit www.feedhopenow.org/culinarytraining.