Can you believe Taste of the Nation Orlando is almost here? It feels like just yesterday I was helping with setting up our food display at last year’s event.
Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation is the nation’s premier culinary benefit dedicated to ending childhood hunger in America.
Imagine yourself in a room full of food catered by some of your favorite restaurant chefs. Just in … five of the Taste chefs will have the great honor of cooking at the James Beard House in June!
- Jamie McFadden of Cuisiniers Catering
- Kevin Fonzo of K Restaurant & Wine Bar
- James & Julie Petrakis of The Ravenous Pig
- Scott Copeland of Antonio’s Cafe & Deli.
This is a small glimpse of some of the amazing talent that help put this event together. View a list of all participating restaurants.
So go ahead and make a big mark around Saturday, June 5 on your calendars. The 21st Annual Taste of the Nation Orlando will take place at the Orlando Marriott World Center on 8701 World Center Drive.
Last year was my first Taste of the Nation experience. It can be a bit overwhelming to see all the different tables of food and trying to decide on which auction item to bid on. Did you know that last year there were over 200 auction items?
Here are 5 tips to surviving Taste of the Nation Orlando
1) Get there early and beat the rush.
2) Bring cash for raffle items. Last year we raffled of some pretty cool prizes and trips.
3) Take time to look through all the auction items. You will be surprised to find some very affordable hidden gems in there. Also, there are always very unique opportunities that you will only find at Taste of the Nation.
4) Take a moment to stop by the beneficiaries displays. Learn more about what this whole event is really about!
5) Take advantage of the VIP package. You enjoy early admission, reserved seating, a champagne reception and a goody bag. That’s not bad for $50 more.
If you are a Taste of the Nation Veteran, feel free to post any additional tips below!
See you at Taste of the Nation,
Online Services and Communications Manager