Starting a Facebook Fundraiser for Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida is a powerful way to fight hunger and feed hope in our community. You aren’t the only one involved, all of your Facebook friends will be aware of this gesture and will want to contribute too.
Recent changes to Facebook allow users to host a fundraiser for their birthday, or any reason at all. Every dollar donated can provide four meals for kids, seniors and families at risk of going to bed hungry tonight.
There are a many occasions, milestones or reasons to host a Fundraiser on Facebook:
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Hunger Action Month (every September)
- Giving Tuesday (Tuesday after Thanksgiving)
- Or just because!
Follow these quick steps and get your Facebook Fundraiser started!
- Select the “Fundraisers” bar on the left hand side of the web page
- Click “Raise Money”
- Choose “Nonprofit” and select or type “Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida”
- Choose a Cover Photo and share anything details about your fundraiser
- Click “Create”
For more ideas on ways to get involved, visit www.feedhopenow.org/ways.
– Sami Gomez
Digital Marketing Intern