- 500,000 households would see their benefits cut by an average $90 per month.
- 2 to 3 million individuals would lose their food assistance entirely.
- Nearly 300,000 kids would lose free school meals.
At a time of record need for services, these cuts have to be stopped. We must deliver a strong message about the impact these cuts would have on our communities. We need members of Congress to weigh-in with the House Agriculture Committee in opposition to these cuts.
- Call toll-free hotline: 877-698-8228
- Listen to the pre-recorded message and enter your zip code when prompted. You will then be connected to your Representative.
- Let them know you are calling about the Farm Bill and deliver this important message:My name is [NAME]. I am a volunteer/supporter of Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida and live in [INSERT HOME TOWN].I strongly oppose the cuts to SNAP included in the House Farm Bill. These cuts would be devastating for struggling families in our community. The recession may be over but many of our neighbors are still hurting. Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida is already struggling to meet the need in our community, and these cuts would only shift more people to charities to make ends meet. Please urge your colleagues on the House Agriculture Committee to reject cuts to SNAP and other hunger-relief programs.
Be sure to share our action alert. Post it on Facebook and Twitter. Help us show Congress that there is a constituency for ending hunger in America!
CEO of Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida